Okay, I thought it might be fun to have a little trivia today, even though it's not Fun Friday. This is a great opportunity for me to plan out the questions that I will be using on Fun Friday for the kiddos. Thanks for volunteering to let me practice on you...hehehe:)
Okay I'm only going to ask you five questions, that's not bad right??? All of the questions are taken from the Brain Quest Black History Revised Edition. This one targets kids ages 9 and up so it shouldn't be too hard (yeah right). I won't be grading you so don't Google the answers or look them up in your own copy of Brain Quest, just for fun let's see if you can know (or can guess) the answers.
Here we go:
1. To whom did Martin Luther King, Jr., address his Letter from Birmingham City Jail?
2. In what mid-western city did Dr. Daniel Hale Williams establish the first African-American hospital?
3. Name the athlete who defied Hitler's theory of black inferiority by winning four gold medals at the Berlin Olympics.
4. Name the jazz legend whose signature tune was "Take the 'A' Train."
5. What great 19th-century speaker declared that education means "light and liberty?"
Well that's it for now, simple enough huh? I'll give the answers to the quiz on Friday 2/18/2011 (My nephew's birthday...yes, I remembered this time sir).
Good luck, I hope you do well on the quiz...remember NO CHEATING, this is just for fun:)