Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Quick, Easy, Budget Friendly Spinach Quiche

I'm always on the look-out for quick, easy, and inexpensive dinner ideas during the weekdays.  I've even thought about adding a tab for these recipes on my blog.  I think that would be a good idea so that I could possibly find even more ideas from other creative folks out there.

I have several stipulations for what I consider to be a quick, easy, and inexpensive recipe.  First of all, if it has more than eight ingredients it doesn't sound inexpensive to me.  Also, if there is a lot of chopping involved then I don't consider it to be easy or quick.  If I have to sautee some stuff and then steam some other stuff and then mix some more stuff together, I'm not going to have the energy for all of that on a weekday...that won't work.

When I say quick, easy, and inexpensive....I take those words very seriously.  Therefore, when I find a recipe to meet my standards I'm a extremely happy woman:)

With all of that said, I found a wonderfully quick and easy quiche recipe from Allrecipes.com and gave it a little makeover (based on what I had in my pantry).  It turned out wonderfully and I was a happy woman last night! 
Here is the link to Mishy's Easy Quiche recipe if you want to head over there and check it out.
The following is my version, based on the ingredients that I had.  Let me note that I LOVE a recipe that is as versitile as this one!

Quick, Easy, Budget Friendly Spinach Quiche

Ingredients

~2 cups milk
~4 eggs
~3/4 cup Bisquick
~1/4 cup butter (softened)
~1/2 cup chopped onions
~8 ounces canned spinach
~10 ounces of  shredded sharp cheddar cheese
~2 cups of chopped deli turkey (luncheon meat)

Here's What To Do

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F, lightly grease a 10 inch pie dish or casserole dish.  Mix together the eggs milk, Bisquick, butter and cheese (batter will be lumpy).  Next stir in the spinach, onions and turkey meat.  Pour that all into the prepared casserole dish. Bake for 50 minutes or until the eggs have set and the top is golden brown. 

That's it, slice and enjoy...Thank you Mishy!!!


~Blessings~
Claudea B.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and I have the same standards when it comes to quick, easy, and inexpensive recipes! This one sounds perfect, and I've got all the ingredients on hand, so I might just have to give it a try. Thanks for sharing the recipe!