Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Homemade Pecan Toffee

Okay, I decided to do some "cooking together" activities with the kiddos...that's always festive and promotes bonding...right???  Well, since kids like candy I went with Pecan Toffee.  My taste testers told me that it was Ggrrreat! (Tony the Tiger...back in the day).  Ok...anyway, the recipe is super simple and I think it makes a great gift or compliment to a gift if wrapped in celophane with a pretty bow.  If you get your hands on a few holiday tins that would be even better.


Here's the recipe:

Homemade Pecan Toffee


1 cup sugar

1/2 lb (2 cubes) butter or margarine

2 T. water

1/2 bag milk chocolate chips

Crushed pecans

Cook sugar, butter, and water over medium-high heat stirring constantly until golden brown.  Make sure you use a metal or wooden spoon, a plastic one would melt in your candy.  Once the color is perfect, quickly pour onto an ungreased cookie sheet. While hot, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of candy.  Once the chocolate begins to soften, spead it around with a knife and sprinkle crushed pecans on top.  Let it cool ( I let mine hang out for about 4 hours) Then break into small pieces.  You can also refrigerate to minimize the chocolate melting when you're handling it for packaging.

Enjoy!

Let me know what you think;)


No comments: