Friday, March 25, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal ~ 6

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week...

I've been a VERY lazy girl!  I haven't hung a single picture or organized anything.  I cooked though, big shout out to The Pioneer Woman for her Chicken Cacciatore recipe...soooo good!  Anyway, we've had several "relaxed" homeschool days.  I think I was finally coming down from all the work we've been doing the past three weeks.


In our homeschool this week...

 I've began plannng Charlie Brown's graduation ceremony and celebration. Whooohoo, I'm totally excited about it. I've decided to do something for him at home.  I'm doing a small ceremony, immediately followed by a reception style party.  I'm currently planning the menu and looking for ideas for the cake.  I've already set the date and time so I can order the invitations next week.  The photographer that I absolutely LOVE is way too expensive for us to hire right now so I'm looking for an alternative solution for this problem.  I could possibly take some photos myself and pray I can use Photoshop efficiently enough for them to look professional.
Anybody else have a graduating senior this year? I would love to know what your plans are for your graduates ceremony/celebration.



Places we're going and people we're seeing...

No place special this week...lazy (remember).



My favorite thing this week was...

Watching the kiddos hang out on the back patio with our dog Rahshee (for school purposes I will call it recess).  I loved the fuzzy feeling that I had while I prepared our dinner and gazed out of the big picture window at them.  Felt like on of those Cambell soup commercials when I was a kid.



What's working/not working for us...

Spelling!  I don't know what it is but I can not seem to find my groove to keep up with spelling lately.  Spelling is a required subject to teach in Texas so I'm always beating myself up when I fall off track.  Thank goodness our state just requires that it's taught and doesn't not mention how often...hehehe.



Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

Any good spelling programs out there (the obvious questions I should be asking, right?), one that I don't have to stand around repeating spelling words for to give a test?



A photo, video, link, or quote to share...



Well, that's my weekly wrap-up.  To read other Homeschool Mother's Journals please visit The Homeschool Chick.  Thanks so much for stopping by.
Have a phenomenal Friday!

~Blessings~
Claudea B.





4 comments:

Robin Sampson said...

Hi, I'm new to Homeschool Mother's Journal.
We were using AO Language arts which includes spelling but now I'm trying homeschooladvantage.com I really like the review system. They say kids lose it in 60 days unless they review.

Congrats on having a graduated homeshooler. I have had 6 graduate so far.

See you next Friday. Thanks for the peek into your week.

MommyKuehner said...

Spellingcity.com has some fun games for kids to play with their spelling words. Most of the levels are free. There is some paid sections though. We have only used the free side and the kids enjoy it.

New follower from Homeschool Mother's Journal. Love to have you stop by our mayheim sometime! www.krazykuehnerdays.com

Have a great weekend
Renita

Tiffany said...

Do you have the Pioneer Woman's cookbook? I've wondered if it'd be a good purchase; seems to be. Maybe I should just do it...

Sounds so exciting to be planning a graduation ceremony. Sorry, I have no advice (Babydoll's eight), but sounds fun and what a proud moment for you as parents.

Your Campbell's soup moment sounds great. Don't you love those days where you feel like you want to just stay in that moment forever?

We started using All About Spelling recently, and both Babydoll and I love it. Like, really love it. You can check it out here

Ivy Mae said...

Your kids are adorable!