Thursday, January 6, 2011

I Guess I'll Set Some Goals For 2011

Well, I've decided to go ahead and jot down just a few of my goals for 2011 right here on my blog.  I guess it provides a certain level of accountability to have it permanently etched in the blogosphere where I can go back later and see if I've been keeping up with or meeting my goals successfully.

I'm just going to start off with ten.  I'll break it down like this, five goals for my blog and five for our little homeschool. 
So without further ado, lets get to it!

Goals for My Blog

1.  I would love to have my blog redesigned, complete with a button.  A move to Wordpress may be in order.
2.  Of course I'd like to be much more consistent this year with writing and try to stick to the Mon. - Fri. schedule that I have set for myself.
3.  I definitely would like to host more giveaways, those are super fun and I find so many other great blogs to read in the process.
4.  I would also like to get more involved with the blogging community, such as participating in blog carnivals and maybe even attend a bloggers conference this year...that would be great!
5.  Lastly, I'd like to do some guest writing for other related blogs, so reach out people...I don't bite.

Goals for Our Homeschool 

1.  First and foremost I'd like to eliminate all of the many distractions that we've allowed to derail our efforts during 2010.  Phone calls, Dr. appts., and last minute errands for supplies, all during class time are going to stop this year (or at least decrease considerably).
2.  I'd like to manage my time better when it comes to lessons, if the lesson is 45 min. long, then I'd like it to end in 45 minutes.  I think I've been too flexible when it comes to this.
3.  I'd like to keep up with grading the papers better, to bad homeschool teachers can't request an assistant for that kind of stuff:).
4.  I'd like to find a much more creative approach to history, we are currently using Abeka History of the United States, and my Sunshyne seems a little bored.
5.  Lastly, I'd like to organize our supplies.  I just plain need a more efficient system for all of our crap. There's books, papers, and manipulative's everywhere, and I'm drowning!

Well that does it for me...I'm grateful that I it was on my heart to write these out, it really does help:)
Please feel free to share some of your own in the comments or leave a link to your goals/resolutions for 2011.

~Blessings~
Claudea B.



No comments: