Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Tot School: Week Two



Well, this is our second week of Tot School and we are excited to have the opportunity to participate.  This past week we didn't do much because of the Thanksgiving Holiday.  However, we got a chance to get out in this beautiful Autumn weather and take a stroll on the site of the Alamo.  It is very scenic and has wonderful courtyards full of curving, mature trees, giant cactus plants, palm trees, and beautiful desert-type blooms.  We even enjoyed watching some gorgeous pond gold fish swimming along in a trench along side the historical Alamo Church.

 

Above is a picture of RJ enjoying a photo shot with his brother in front of one of the large cactus.  He was really enjoying being outdoors and walking around with us.


Here he is again posing for Mommy in front of our flag (I was happy to get some decent pictures for once:)

Now on to some of the things that we did at home.



Since he just really started walking (for real) in October he's been on the move and that seems to be his favorite activity for now.  He climbs anything that he can reach...that includes mom and dads heads when he gets the chance.  The above photo is just an example of a quick shot I took of him climbing a pile of laundry that I had at the foot of my bed.  He did this over, and over, and over again for about 30minutes, while he laughed the whole time.


Here, I finally got a little "purposeful" play out of him.  He basically likes to take the pieces out of the puzzle so far, while I put them back in so that he can take them out.  He does this like a game and laughs while he tries to quickly remove the pieces before I can get them all back in.




I know what you're thinking...why is he playing with a PINK box???  Well...It's the only container I could find that was colorful and that I thought would catch his attention without me having to make something.  Besides, I want him to well rounded:)  This is his sorting box.  I keep all kinds of things in it that he can sort by color or by shape.  Again... he just like to take the stuff out right now and check it out.

Well, that's it for our Tot School last week.  If you have any suggestions on how I can take better pictures with my Android Smartphone, I would love to hear them.  Also, any suggestions on things I could do with RJ while he is still mouthing would be greatly appreciated as well.  Thanks for reading!

No comments: